Buffalo Meatball Calzones
COOK TIME: 25 min
This recipe has all the things you want in a game day appetizer. Biscuits, meatballs, buffalo sauce, cream cheese…YUM!
- 1 bag of Simek’s Original Meatballs
- 5 oz. cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup Frank’s RedHot Sauce or red pepper sauce
- 1 ¼ cup shredded mozzarella or cheddar cheese
- 2 cans refrigerated biscuit rounds (16.3 oz)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp milk
- 2 tbsp softened cream cheese for football laces
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 cookie sheets with cooking parchment paper or grease with cooking spray. Thaw and cut all meatballs in half and place in large bowl.
- In small bowl, mix 5 oz. cream cheese and Frank’s RedHot Sauce until smooth. Mix in shredded cheese and meatballs until combined.
- Separate dough into individual biscuits. Press each half into a 6-inch circle and scoop 4 halves of meatballs with sauce to center-top of each. Fold biscuit over filling and press edges with fork to seal. Trim excess dough from presses edges to shape like a football and place on cookie sheet.
- Beat egg and milk in a small bowl and brush egg mixture on top of each football shape. Bake 16-19 minutes or until golden brown.
- In resealable freezer bag or frosting bag with tip, add 2 tbsp of softened cream cheese. Cut small corner on one end of the bag and squeeze 1 line crosswise and 4 lines lengthwise to make football laces on top of each calzone.
- Serve warm and enjoy!