Cranberry Balsamic Meatballs
COOK TIME: 25 min
SERVES: 34 meatballs
These Cranberry Balsamic Meatballs are the perfect blend of tangy and sweet, with festive flavors, making all tastebuds oh-so-merry.
- 1 bag Simek’s Original Meatballs (any variety would taste delicious!)
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce, canned or homemade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Juice of half an orange
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Thaw meatballs according to package (they do not need to be warm, just thawed)
- In a large saucepan whisk together all the sauce ingredients (except the cornstarch water slurry) and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the cornstarch slurry and whisk the sauce until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thawed meatballs into the sauce and stir to coat. Cover with lid and simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Serve the meatballs on a serving platter or bowl with toothpicks.