COOK TIME: 35 min
If you like your meatballs with a little kick, this recipe is for you. With some hot sauce and red pepper flakes, balanced by brown sugar and apple cider vinegar, these meatballs will go fast!
- 1 bag Simek’s Original Meatballs
- ½ cup hot sauce (we use Franks)
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350° F.
- In a saucepan, combine the ingredients of the firecracker sauce over medium heat, allow to come to a boil, reduce the heat so it simmers. Let simmer for 8-10 minutes. Remove from heat and allow the sauce to cool.
- Coat frozen meatballs in sauce and place on baking sheet. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve and enjoy!
*This recipe would also work in the slow cooker. Pour frozen meatballs in slow cooker, make sauce as listed in step 2, and pour sauce over meatballs. Cook on high for 3-4 hours, or on low for 4-6 hours.