Grilled Meatball & Ricotta Pizza
COOK TIME: 30 min
SERVES: 4-6 individuals
Pizza and meatballs are a perfect match especially with the addition of the savory and creamy ricotta and bell peppers. Yum!
- 1 bag of Simek’s Italian Style Meatballs
- Pizza crust (pre-cooked or homemade)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp oregano (freshly chopped or dried)
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ cup ricotta cheese
- ¼ cup whole roasted garlic cloves
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 jar marinara sauce
- Thaw meatballs for approximately 45 minutes. Preheat oven to 400F°. Line baking sheet with foil.
- Toss bell peppers and yellow onion in 1 tablespoon olive oil; season with oregano and salt. Bake for 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Cut meatballs in half.
- Spread marinara in a thin, even layer over the pizza dough. Sprinkle evenly with mozzarella. Top with bell peppers, onion, whole roasted garlic, dollops of ricotta and halved meatballs. Season with more oregano, if desired.
- Light grill to high. Transfer pizza to the grill and cook for 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted and pizza crust is crisp.