COOK TIME: 30 min
Looking to spice up your typical holiday meatballs? These Meatballs Agrodolce (Italian for Sour and Sweet), step up your appetizer game with a white wine, balsamic glaze.
- 1 bag Simek’s Italian Style Beef Meatballs
- 3 shallots
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1/3 cup golden raisins
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tbs sugar
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Thaw and heat meatballs according to package.
- Thinly slice 3 shallots.
- Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat.
- Add sliced onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden in places (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat; stir in raisins, wine, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring occasionally until syrupy (about 15 mintes).
- Skewer meatballs and place on platter.
- Drizzle remaining syrupy sauce over meatballs and serve.