Cranberry BBQ Meatballs
Festive flavors galore! With cranberry, rosemary and orange these meatballs are a guest favorite!
COOK TIME: 25 min
SERVES: 34 meatballs
- 1 bag Simek’s Original Meatballs (any variety would taste delicious!)
- 1 1/2 cups cranberry sauce, canned or homemade
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 3 tbs honey
- 1 tbs low sodium soy sauce
- 1 1/2 tsp fresh minced rosemary
- 1 tsp orange zest
- Juice of half an orange
- Fresh ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tsp cornstarch mixed with 2 tsp water
- Thaw meatballs according to package (they do not need to be warm, just thawed)
- In a large saucepan whisk together all the sauce ingredients (except the cornstarch water slurry) and bring the mixture to a boil. Once it comes to a boil, reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add in the cornstarch slurry and whisk the sauce until it thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the thawed meatballs into the sauce and stir to coat. Cover with lid and simmer on low for approximately 10 minutes, stirring occassionally.
- Serve the meatballs on a serving platter or bowl with toothpicks.
Sweet & Spicy Bacon Wrapped Meatballs
Just like hot cocoa and marshmallows, these meatballs are all about the perfect pairing!
COOK TIME: 25 min
SERVES: 24 meatballs
- 1 bag Simek’s Meatballs (any variety would taste delicious!)
- 1 lb. bacon, cut in half (total 24 slices)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbs chili powder
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Thaw meatballs according to package.
- Mix brown sugar and chili powder in a small bowl.
- Spray a broiler pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut a pound of bacon into strips.
- Wrap bacon around meatballs, securing the bacon in place with a toothpick.
- Dredge the bacon wrapped meatballs in the sugar and chili powder mixture, pressing to coat it well.
- Place them on the greased broiler pan and bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes, depending on how you like your bacon.
Blackberry BBQ MEatballs
COOK TIME: 3-4 hrs
SERVES: 10-12 individuals
- 1 bag Simek’s Original Meatballs
- 1 ½ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- ¼ cup blackberry preserves
- Parsley (optional)
- Add meatballs to slow cooker.
- Whisk together BBQ sauce, honey, and preserves and pour over meatballs.
- Cover and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 6-8 hours.
- Add parsley for garnish.