Mini Breakfast Sausage Meatball Omelet Cups
COOK TIME: 35 min
SERVES: 12 individual omelets
An easy, on-the-go breakfast, that can be prepared in advance – these delicious muffin sized omelets are full of fresh veggies and our delicious Breakfast Sausage Mini Meatballs to set you up for the day!
- 1 bag Simek’s Kids Mini Breakfast Sausage Meatballs
- 8 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 2 green onions, diced
- 12 round potato shaped fries (smile shapes fit into muffin tin or you may used tater tots and smash them in the bottom, or hash browns).
- 1 cup shredded Monterey jack cheese
- *you may also substitute ingredients in place of peppers and onions (mushrooms, spinach, jalapenos, tomatoes, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place potato smile into bottom of each muffin tin and bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lower temperature to 350°F.
- Whisk together eggs, milk, and water. Set aside.
- Top your potatoes with 3 mini sausage meatballs, chopped bell peppers, and diced onions (or veggies of your choice).
- Pour egg mixture over ingredients, filling each muffin tin to the top.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Serve hot, or you may cool them and freeze for an easy, on-the-go breakfast later. (If freezing wrap individually in plastic wrap then place in a gallon freezer bag. Remove and microwave until heated through).