Italian Meatball Wedding Soup
COOK TIME: 20 min
SERVES: 4-6 individuals
This super simple yet hearty Italian Wedding Soup recipe will fill your belly and warm your soul. And our meatballs make the prep even easier. You’re welcome.
- 1 bag Simek’s Italian Style Meatballs | Buy on Instacart
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ¼ cup diced carrots
- 1 ¼ cup diced yellow onion
- ¾ cup 1/4-inch diced celery
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (1 1/2 Tbsp)
- 5 (14.5 oz) cans low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup dry orzo pasta
- 6 oz fresh spinach, chopped
- Finely shredded parmesan, for serving
- Heat 1 Tbsp olive oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add carrots, onions, and celery and saute until veggies have softened about 6 – 8 minutes, add garlic and saute 1 minute longer.
- Pour in chicken broth, season soup with salt and pepper to taste and bring mixture to a boil. Add in pasta and meatballs, reduce heat to light boil (about medium or medium-low).
- Cover and cook, stirring occasionally until pasta is tender and meatballs have heated through, about 10 minutes while adding in spinach during the last minute of cooking.
- Serve warm, sprinkle each serving with parmesan cheese.